A Post for la Rentree: What My Law Career Taught Me About Freelancing


Since everyone in France goes on summer vacation at roughly the same time, the return to normal life in September is called "la rentrée" (the re-entry). It's one of my favorite times of the year, not only because the weather tends to be at its best, but because Parisians are so unusually cheerful and I like the laid-back, almost careless way everyone eases into their regular routines. One is busy, returning phone calls, answering emails, getting kids ready for school -- but not stressed. It's as if the entire city has recently awoken, yawning and smiling, from a long, pleasant nap.

In the laid-back spirit la rentrée, I return to this blog simply by linking an article I recently wrote for FreelanceSwitch.com called "What My Law Career Taught Me about Freelance Writing." My life as lawyer definitely taught me a thing or two about how to run a freelance business.

Happy Autumn!

1 Comments

  1. The Apple MacBook Air 11-inch (2015) Review is a great laptop for those who want a small and lightweight computer that is still powerful enough to handle all their needs. It comes with a 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of flash storage. The screen is plenty large enough for most tasks and the battery life is excellent, with Apple claiming up to 12 hours of web browsing on a single charge.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post